...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Khye’s Birthday

Yes, yes I know his birthday was months ago (in March), but I have been meaning to show off the handmade gifts he received for his birthday. His grandfather made him this fantastic 3 piece wooden truck, trailer and bulldozer.



They have been made with love from recycled timber. The first few nights after his birthday, Khye had to take them to bed with him. There wasn’t much room left for him with all the trucks, teddies, pillows and blankets in the cot!

Khye also received for his birthday a playmat I made to go with the train set we gave him. I drew the design onto an old sheet and used remnant fabric from my stash to appliqué the hills, roads, water etc to the sheet. I then backed it and used bias binding to bind the edges.


And it folds away neatly with all the toys inside.




Nice, quick and easy pack up!

Happy birthday 2 year old!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails