...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My WIP Challenge

I am ridiculously hopeless at finishing things before starting on new things. My list of WIPs (Works In Progress) or UFOs (UnFinished Objects) or whatever you like to call them is huge. And I have some unfinished projects that have been sitting on that list for years and years.
Take for instance the patchwork cushion sitting on the couch. I made it about 12 years ago but I still haven't hand sewn the hole up and there is still stuffing spilling out of it. Or then there's the pair of overalls I started making for Khye about 2 and a half years ago. He's now way too big for them, but if I finish them in the next few months maybe they will fit Maya. And then there's the secret project I started making for my friend for her wedding present. They have just celebrated their 2nd wedding anniversary and are now expecting their first baby in December. They still haven't received their present and probably won't for quite a while longer yet. (I think I bit off more than I could chew with this project.)

So anyway in a bid to cross some things off my list and to feel like I am achieving something, I have a plan to challenge myself to finish 5 WIPs before starting on anything new. Sean doesn't think I can do it. I'm not sure I can do it either but I'm gonna try. How hard can it be to finish 5 things? It's not like I'm setting myself a time limit or anything. The only rule is: finish 5 things before starting anything new.
Anyone else interested in joining me on my WIP Challenge??

1 comment:

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Oh Renee you are an inspiration!! I would love to join you on this challenge, but I think my WIP's or UFO's just need to mature a little longer (read; I know I will fail at this, beacuse I just have to start some new projects soon!) But I cannot wait to see you unvail your five "finished" projects especially that wedding gift!!! Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails