...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Oh my, I AM HOOKED! I am sorry, very, very sorry for that much overused pun but I don’t know how else to put it. Why have I not learned to crochet earlier? I am loving it! I bought 3 full balls of this cotton yarn from the oppy this week that I absolutely love. I just hope I have enough to finish this dress I’ve started to crochet for Maya. I can’t believe how quickly it is coming along. It’s much faster and I’m more coordinated than knitting.

I’m thinking about using this cute little embroidered doily that I also bought from the op shop this week, as a pocket on the dress. Not sure yet. I also found this 3 tier wire basket to use on my stall at the upcoming Sugar & Spice market – less than a month to go now, aarrgghh. And last but not least is this minty green (loooove this colour!) chenille single bedspread to go with the peachy one I found a couple of weeks ago. It always pays to look in the dog blankets box at the op shop ‘cos I have found some great stuff in there. I thought this was a bit faded but after a wash I think it was just a bit dusty and grimy.

Visit Sophie at Her Library Adventures for some fabulous finds!

16 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I agree the dog basket often hides the best of bankets! I'm with you on the crochet too, so much fun! Your coloured wool is lovely...

melissa said...

Wow! scored some goodies there, love the crochet dress and I reckon the doiley will look perfect.

BOB & MABEL said...

Great finds and particularly loving the chenille and little doily.

Jennie said...

Love the doily and chenile!
That basket will be great to display things!

Brenda said...

I had peachy beadspread like that when I was little.
I too prefer crochet over knitting, it's easier to fix any mistakes and you can pick it up and drop it whenever is needed.

Selina said...

I always head straight for the dog blankets, I have found some of best chenille in there! Great finds this week :)

Dear Pearl Vintage said...

Yep the dog basket box and the dress up box always good for a find or two. Love the chenille, how gorgeous is that colour.

Snooze said...

Everything in your post is wonderful. The pocket you picked for the dress goes so beautifully with the colour fo your yarn. Gosh ... what a great week.

My Flea Market Find

Christina Lowry said...

Why is there not dog blanket box at my oppy?! You always find such wonderful things.

I find that crochet is so much quicker than knitting, the stitches are bigger, if you make a mistake it is only one loop to pick up not heaps! :)

PJ said...

The colours of the crochet and the pocket certainly match. Looking forward to seeing the finished creation!

Vic said...

Looooooove the blankie, I like getting the tags from old wool blankets from the dog blanket box!

My Handmadehappiness said...

i always search for chenille but to a loss go you and i reckon the doily was made for the pocket the colours so match x

sue said...

I love chenille too - of course I remember the mid 70's fondly when we ALL had chenille bedspreads ...

Knicky Knacks said...

Gorgeous colours. Will never pass the 'dog blanket box' again without a thorough inspection.

Tracey said...

Congrats on your crochet. What great news. I too seem to be a more fluent crocheter than knitter.. my hands do funny things with those two sticks!

Cherie said...

Well done - your finds are gorgeous - love the chenille ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails