...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Creative Space

It was fantastic having Mum here for a few days to help me out with the kiddies and get the house organised. No photos though ‘cos it’s already starting to look messy again. I can’t believe how quickly the housework piles up when you have kids.

There’s been lots of sewing this week though, but I have nothing finished to show. I can show my actual creative space though...... a tiny desk in the corner of the dining room.

My pincushion for the swap is coming along okay and I hope my swap partner likes it. I’m also looking forward to upgrading my old tomato pincushion that I got for my 21st many years ago!
I also "dabbled" in a bit of cake decorating this week. I made a chocolate ripple hungry caterpillar cake for Khye's 3rd birthday. Yes it looks a bit odd (and the photo is not a good one).
My excuse is it was made at 10pm. Somehow I don't think I'm cut out for cake decorating. But I think Khye enjoyed it ... if he could see it through his glasses! (They’re vintage showbag glasses, about 25 years old!)
Check out other creative spaces at Kootoyoo.

4 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I love your creative space, how about the colour of that machine!

heart and sol said...

Your machine is gorgeous and no one would pass up eating that chocolate cake, great decorating, i think its awesome!

Snooze said...

your space looks great ... pleast post next week how you're getting on.

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

What a fab machine - I know about being shoved into a small space for crafting ... I just end up spilling out all over the rest of the house.

Love the tomato pin cushion - maybe you will get something to match this ... a lettuce????

And the cake looks great - I am sure it tasted yum.

Related Posts with Thumbnails