...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Flea Market Finds

I didn't think I was going to play along with Flea Market Finds this week. My great run of oppy finds over the past ... few ... weeks finally came to an end. Nothing jumped out me saying "buy me, buy me" this week. All I found were a couple of pieces of clothing for Khye and Maya, and this pair of too short jeans in My Creative Space.

Yesterday I had both kids with me so I wasn't planning on going garage sailing, but something told me to drop by just this one garage sale nearby. Boy am I glad I did!
- 6 large pieces of fabric with about 4m in each piece,
- about 15 - 20 crocheted, knitted and embroidered doilies,
- a large embroidered tablecloth,
- and a stack of embroidered, cross stitched and appliqued napkins.
All this for only $5! Bargain!

Oh and they gave Khye this cute yellow teddy who he has named "George the teddy".
Don't you dare call him just "George". No, no, no he is "George the teddy".

What bargains have you found this week? I'm looking forward to checking out the finds over at Sophie's place.

15 comments:

Knicky Knacks said...

What a treasure trove! Outstanding work. Got to love your intuition that says "stop, you must visit this garage sale".

Vic said...

OH!

All that gorgy fabric... and only $5?! Amazing.

I am trying not to think about garage sales though - was too poor to go this week... the horror!

Tracey said...

good finds! Go Sunbury.

We garage sales yesterday but nothing came of it :(. Luck of the game ey!

BOB & MABEL said...

How lucky are you? That fabric is beautiful.

Selina said...

Wow! Very impressed with that haul!

Nick said...

Crikey's. You lucky duck! That fabric is gorgeous in its retroness. And the napkins! I am so excited thinking of what you could do. I have kept away from garage and opshops on purpose this week because I think I have a 'problem,'

sue said...

Great finds - whatchya gonna do with all that fun fabric? Clearly the bear is a George - completely understand why your little one has named him "George the Teddy" not to be mixed up with George the Playschool Guy or George the Beatle or George the Monkey! I love the way kids get so particular about stuff like that! Sounds like you had fun!

Jennie said...

I am soooo jealous of that haul!
You've done so well there, I love it all!

Amanda said...

amazing find! that fabric is to-die-for.

Tricia said...

Wow! Wow!! wow!!! What a great find. I havn't done garage sales in ages...you have tempted me :-)

My Handmadehappiness said...

i wish we had garage sales i but i guess it's just like car-boot sales i must to to one soon you you have intrigued me!!!!

if you have time :)

http://misstracianderson.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-rummaging.html

Megan said...

wow! $5 for all that fabric goodness, that is an amazing find indeed, very jealous!

Steph said...

Well done! Gotta love those serendipity!! You were just meant to have all those goodies :)

Kate said...

How fantastic! So many wonderful treasures there. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of them.

Unknown said...

Wow that a lovely stash you have there! Just delightful! The garage sale gods were indeed shining down on you!
Sophie x

Related Posts with Thumbnails