...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Creative Space

Although it's nice having Khye back home again,
it also means I have less creative time.
But I did actually finish something this week - my retro swap.
He is made from materials reclaimed from wool jumpers and the floral heart is a piece of 1970's cotton fabric from my mum's stash. What do you think of him? Let's hope my swap partner likes softies and likes owls and likes purple and green and orange. I'm going to miss him sitting watching over our house. Lucky he can't talk 'cos he would have a few stories to tell!
For more creative stuff, head over to Kootoyoo.

18 comments:

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

I love him!! Gorgeous!

Cathie said...

well I know that I would love him and wouldn't want to stick pins in him :)
gorgeous!

Tracey said...

Hoot HOOT (thats Owlish for cute!)

Kathryn Mitchell said...

Oh he's so cute, purple owls are the best

Kirsty said...

Retro owl is fabulous.

dash robin said...

that is one stunner of an owl-love the retro fabric on the belly too...great!

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

Love your owl - I can understand that he would be very hard to part with. You may have to make another to take his place on the window sill.

michelle said...

he is seriously one of the best things ever. i love him

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Lovely owl! So cute and looking fabulous!

teddybearswednesday said...

WOah one cute little retro owl there. He is delightful.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

I love him, what a shame I am not in the retro swap – I’ love him to be coming to my place!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful owl! Love the colours and fabrics you have chosen! Just delightful!
Sophie x

Cotton Kiwi said...

He's gorgeous. Love the colours and retro look of him. I would have to make another and keep that one!

Unknown said...

I would love him too...Might try to bribe him for some of those stories though :P

Miss Muggins said...

Your owl is gorgeous sitting up there in the window

Rosalind said...

Great colours - he looks very cuddly!

Steph said...

He is sooo cute! Love an owl...but especially a purple one. Hope all is well in your little slice of the world :)

B @ Sweet Limes said...

Your partner would be mad in the head if she didn't fall head over heals for that owl. I'm sitting here trying to think of how I could bribe you to send him to my house and make something else for your partner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails