...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Creative Space

I need some advice. Yesterday I found some Levi's Red Tab jeans my size and they fit perfectly, except they were too short! TOO SHORT?!?! How can they possibly be too short?!?! I have never ever had this problem before. In fact I have always had to take my pants up! I hate taking pants up which is why I usually buy and wear skirts. Anyway, like I said these jeans were a perfect fit and the price was pretty good too. "Ladies slacks half price" the sign said. That included jeans. So I bought them for all of $2, thinking that I could find some way of lengthening them or if that didn't work I could make shorts for next summer. After rummaging through my fabric stash, I found some paisley corduroy that I sewed as a cuff to the bottom of the jeans.

What do you think?
Do they look okay? Or are they a bit daggy? Sean says I have prettied them up but he doesn't really care. When I tried them on I kinda thought they looked a bit pyjamary. I'm not sure. Would you wear them in public?

What else do I have in my creative space this week? I should have been sewing new spunkee stuff and preparing for the Sugar & Spice Cildren's Market in Woodend in June, but I haven't been doing that.

I did finish an old Work-In-Progress for my grandmother though.

This bird is made from reclaimed wool fabric and I used the pattern I designed for these love birds.

As you can see by the photos, I finished sewing the wings in the car on our long drive up to see my grandmother. Last minute as always!

What else? Oh yes, I packaged up and sent my retro swap parcel - thanks for your very encouraging comments last week,

and yesterday I received my swap goodies,

with a pretty card from Little Wise Owl.

A handy calico market bag and a cute little fabric covered notebook. Thanks Beckie!

Oh and of course my pincushion is finished and will be packaged up and posted today. I'll show the pics next week.

Check out more creative spaces over at Kootoyoo.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the jeans are cute especially with solid color shoes... And adorable bird!

Beck said...

I love your birdie! The jeans look great too, not daggy at all! Great space xo

Kirsty said...

I love the bird. It's gorgeous.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh wow, busy,busy! Your jeans do look cute, nice idea & you know you could always tuck them into boots if you're not sure... & I love that bird!

Knicky Knacks said...

I think the pants are great! The bird is beautiful and a wonderful shape. Like the backdrop of the road in the photo. Clever.

Knicky Knacks said...

I think the pants are great! The bird is beautiful and a wonderful shape. Like the backdrop of the road in the photo. Clever.

teddybearswednesday said...

The birdie is just gorgeous. Love him!!

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

I think they look great and I would wear them in public. Do you have a bit more of the paisley? You could add a feature to the back pocket to tie it in a bit more.

Kate said...

I love your little bird so much. Its great to have a portable craft to work on during those long car journeys. Have a great weekend.

bec said...

so glad you like your swap goodies!
the birdie is sooooooo cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails