...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A most opportune find!

For the last couple of months I've been thinking about how I would love to get a carpet sweeper, just to pick up obvious bits of mess without the arduous task of dragging out the vaccuum cleaner. I had decided that it was highly unlikely I would find a carpet sweeper at the oppy and that ebay was probably going to be my best bet. I haven't even checked ebay yet, but just look at what I stumbled across at my local oppy this week ...
... a gorgeous red Sabco "Whisk Away" complete with white wooden handle!

Other finds this week are these two beautiful crochet blankets.

I found these for only $3 each in the dog blanket box. I never understand why they put perfectly good blankets in the dog blankets box.

Actually these aren't "perfectly good". They both need a really, really good wash and a bit of TLC. One has blobs of melted wax all over it.
Hopefully I can get it out. Shannon Lush tells me I should be able to. And the other blanket has a dirty great hole in it.

So all you crocheters out there, tell me, is this hole repairable? I'm assuming all 3 rows of grey will need to be pulled out and replaced??? I can't crochet, but I'm hoping I'll learn one day ... or maybe I can get Mum to help me fix it!

Kiera is pretty happy with my finds this week!

I also picked up some great fabric (read pillowcases, tablecloths, and an apron) from a couple of op shops in Violet Town and Beechworth over the weekend.

I also found this beautiful cotton tea towel.

And this very cute linen pot holder with a 1977 calendar printed on it.
Pop over to Sophie's for more great finds!

6 comments:

Megan said...

wow, what an incredible massive haul you've found this week! i love those pillowcases, vintage prints are so lovely i think. and a carpet sweeper! fantastic idea, and it looks to be in good condition too.

Janice said...

Great haul! I love the tea towel and calendar oven mitt. Weren't you lucky with the carpet sweeper - very handy to have.

BOB & MABEL said...

Lucky you, they are fantastic finds. I particularly love the fabrics.

Christina Lowry said...

You can repair that hole without unraveling it all. My Mum just repaired a granny blanket for a friend. She found the ends of yarn that were attached to the still good parts of the blanket and tied them off and wove them in, then just crocheted the missing bits into the wholes, if that makes sense? She did all the repairs on the blanket in one colour to add a much loved old blanket look to it. :) Love all your finds!

Snooze said...

Great finds and a little boo hoo from me over the sheets. they're gorgeous and I'm jealous!

My Flea Market Find

teddybearswednesday said...

Woah great lot of stuff you've got. Love love the sweeper, and love the fact you wanted one. It's perfect, the potholder is gorgeous, and so are those blankets. Everything is wonderful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails