...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I think I am in love…

… with this little chair.
You might recognise it from my latest Flea Market Finds and I particularly love it now because it has a gorgeous little cushion to cover the hole in its seat. The cushion is made from an old thrifted scrap from the fabric stash,and backed with a doily from this huge doily haul. I didn’t think I would ever find a use for this orange doily.
But doesn’t it look like it’s made for this cushion and this cushion made for the chair?

I’m also starting to fall for this lamp.

The lamp was owned by my grandparents and a few days ago it looked like this:
Since the lamp is used in Maya’s room, I’d been thinking of redoing the lampshade for a while and, as Sean would say, “pretty it up”.
After removing the old plastic ribbon from the shade, I then recovered it with an old lacey tablecloth that had been hanging around for years.
Since I can’t crochet, I used the edging of a doily from the huge doily haul to edge the lampshade.
I have also lowered the lampshade and now I’m thinking the base might need a lick of paint. But what colour should I paint it? What do you think? I would love to hear your suggestions.

Oh and this is how the other new project I started last week is looking.
I’m still stuffing it.

How’s your creative space this week? I’m heading over to Kootoyoo now to check it out now.

15 comments:

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Oooh you have been busy. You are right the chair is made even more fabulous by the addition of the spunkee new cushion!
Maybe a taupe or something like it for the lamp base? It looks pretty and classy so I think a neutral would be best...

Christina Lowry said...

I think your right. I think they were made for each other! :)

Cotton Kiwi said...

Oh I love all your thrifted upcycled pieces, particularly that chair and cushion!!

dash robin said...

Fantastic upcylcing. I'd suggest a pale cream for the base, matte with maybe some scraping so the orignal base colour shows through?

Tracey@bountifully said...

its all looking very good, you have been busy! I really love that little green ottoman xx

Kylie said...

I love those chairs - I have a black and white one. Your lamp is just gorgeous too :) K

michelle said...

love it all. fantastic use of ols linen. love the cusion and the lamp

Kate said...

Someone needs to write a book called '1001 creative uses for a thrifted doily'. Your cushions and lampshade looks great.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Everything looks fantastic! Love the way you've used the doilies & tablecloth on that lamp.

yardage girl said...

Wow - nice work - love the chair too, such a lovely design.

Steph said...

Everything looks so lovely!! That doily is perfect for that cushion! Yay for yummy thrifted fabric. Hope you have a happy and sunny weekend :)

Unknown said...

Genius! The cushions and the lamp are just beautiful! And all in one week! Sheesh! xo m.

Lulu froufrou said...

Hello - Thank you Thank you - I LOVE my new owl - he will be mine (not my daughters) I will find him a special ledge to perch - he can sit happily watching over the craziness in this house now. Thank you I really do think he is so special!! Linda xxoo

Tina said...

Such a pretty new lampshade!! For the base perhaps pick up one of the colours in the quilt that the lamp is living on? A taupe of course will match with anything and would blend nicely.
Great cushion!!! Gorgeous colours!

Fruitful Fusion said...

I LOVe what you've done with the orange doily! Brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails