...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Creative Space

This week I've been sorting,
matching,
resorting,

and rematching,

my collection of upholstery fabrics. Some are small pieces from sample books and some I have a few metres of. Most are floral. All have been acquired from op shops over the past 15 years.

I finally decided on this combination for my new project - yes another project to add to the long list of unfinished projects.

They're not my favourite pieces of fabric, but I still love them - they're green! I find it difficult to use my favourite fabrics, particularly if I don't have much of it.

I hate cutting into them.

It's a fear of making a mistake and wasting them.

It's a feeling of wanting to save my favourites for something special. I never find that special project and they end up being put away in the cupboard. The only enjoyment I get from them is when I pull them out for some more sorting and matching. I need to overcome this problem. My cupboards are overflowing with favourites.

I did also promise to show pics of my finished pincushion.

I hope my swap partner has received this by now,

'cos she knows who she is!

Head over to Kootoyoo for lots of inspiring creative spaces.

7 comments:

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Go on be brave, cut, cut, cut. If the worst happens and the project is a flop you can always pull it apart and have a smaller bit of favourite fabric!!
Love that pin cushion.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Thanks Renee, yes i finally got to the PO on Wednesday to collet my pin cushion. I've had up to 12 children here to babysit in school holidays & my PO is in the city so i've been tardy!! Your was posted Monday, love Posie

teddybearswednesday said...

I'm exactly the same with my favourite fabrics!! We should probably bite the bullet and cut, but it's so hard.x

Chicken Willow said...

So many lovely fabrics. Go on and be brave! I love that pin cushion, such an unusual shape.

Amanda said...

what a cute pin cushion!

Tracey said...

ummm... i wish i was you pin cushion swap partner - it is really nice, so unique. i like the angles. oh, and happy cutting!

:)

Kate said...

I love that pin cushion! It is such an unusual shape. Thanks heaps for playing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails