...all things handmade with love by a mum with a
passion for making beautiful and spunkee stuff...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Creative Space

When your darling 3 year old is on holiday at Grandma and Grandad’s house for the week, and you find yourself with some extra time, what do you do?

Sew of course!

I’ve been in a bit of a pincushion frenzy lately. There are so many ideas flitting about and now I’ve got a few pincushions on the go. This one is finished. What do you think? Sean likes it. “That’s really good” he says, “That’s one of the best things you’ve ever made.”

Huh? I looked at him puzzled.

“It’s the label” he says, “The label really makes it.”
“And the blanket stitch” he says, “The blanket stitch looks good too.”

Considering I’ve been making things for as long as I can remember and considering I didn’t actually make or stitch the label and the blanket stitch, I’m just not quite sure whether to take this as a compliment or not.

“You’ve gotta keep this one” he says, “You’re not allowed to swap this one.” Guess I’m keeping this pincushion!

Other things in my creative space this week:

I finally sewed a zip on this crocheted cushion cover – an old favourite from the op shop that kept loosing its cushion insert until now. My retro swap is nearly done. It’s looking good and I hope my swap partner likes purple!

There’s also been lots of spunkee sewing but nothing to show for it yet.

Khye is due back from holidays today so next week is not going to be quite so productive. Until then happy creating!

Head over to Kootoyoo for more creative spaces.

5 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Yep, your pin cushion is great! I love the label too. Love the crocheted cushion, that was a nice find...

Snooze said...

there's a man with a good eye for detail ... and he's right. the label looks great and the blanket stitch is a nice detail. have a great Easter break.
My Creative Space

Cherie said...

Love your work. Hope you have a Happy Easter ;)

Sonia Skegg said...

That's so funny - but I agree you should keep the pin cushion, it's very cute!

yardage girl said...

Yep - the label is very cool - love it! happy easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails